Shoshone Lake Treks
This 4-day, spectacular canoe trip, about 35-40 miles in distance, takes your group to the largest backcountry lake in the lower 48 states. This backcountry canoe trip begins at Lewis Lake in the southern end of Yellowstone Nation Park, travels up the Lewis River Channel and into Shoshone Lake with its 16 pristine campsites. Participants can enjoy paddling through our Country's 1st National Park while soaking up its natural wonders. Day activities may include fishing, exploring the Shoshone geyser basin's geothermal features, and team build activities lead by your guide. Canoes, paddles, PFDs, dry bags, trek food, park entrance fees and backcountry permits are provided through Island Park Scout Camp. Successful completion of the BSA swim test at Island Park Scout Camp and the canoeing merit badge are prerequisites for this trip. Swim and lifesaving merit badges are advisable. This trip is limited to groups of 8 scouts. Please e-mail Elias Lopez at email@example.com for more information about limitations.
The cost for this trip is $210 for in-council scouts and $220 for out-of-council. Cost goes up $10 after May 12, and is $20 more if you pay at camp. Adult Leaders are the same cost.
Camp Based Treks
A second option is to camp at Island Park Scout Camp and participate in High Adventure Activities of your choice:
- Biking-Camp to Mesa Falls approx. 40 miles (must bring own bike & helmet)
- Day Hike-Yellowstone (extra charge for park entrance fee)
- Continental Divide Trail
- Canoe trip-Box Canyon to Last Chance
- Canoe trip-Big Springs to Mack's Inn
- Canoe trip-Island Park reservoir
- High COPE: In camp ropes course
- Biking-15 mile loop trail (must bring own bike & helmet)
- Rappelling-Cliffs just outside the camp boundaries
- Camp Program Features-Spend some time enjoying the incredible lake or rifle range at Island Park Scout Camp
The cost for the in-camp great adventure is:
- $180 for In-Council participants by May 12, 2017
- $190 for Out-of-Council Participants by May 12, 2017
After May 12, the cost goes up by $10 if you wait to pay at camp, the cost is $190 for In-Council participants $200 for Out-of-Council Participants
This price is the same for Scouts and Leaders!
The dates for 2017 are:
- Session 1 -- June 26 - Jul 1
- Session 2 -- July 10 - 15
- Session 3 - July 17 - 22
- Session 4 -- July 24 - Jul 29
- Session 5 -- July 31 - Aug. 5
These High Adventure Treks are design for experienced scouts only. Participants must at least 14 years old and in good physical condition.
Trip itineraries are subject to change according to campsite availability and weather conditions.
Group size is limited according to park regulations. Two-deep leadership is required with each group.